Xbox’s Game Pass is (I find) a great way to be able to try all sorts of games that I might not normally play, especially with the ability to stream them to my PC from within the Xbox App I don’t even need to wait to install!
This month there are a few new games coming to the pass and a few that are leaving.
- Loot River (Cloud, Console, PC)
- Trek to Yomi (Cloud, Console, PC)
- Citizen Sleeper (Cloud, Console, PC)
- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Anniversary Edition (Cloud, Console, PC)
- Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising (Cloud, Console, PC)
- This War of Mine: Final Cut (Cloud, Console, PC)
- NHL 22, via EA Play (Console)
While not many of these are blockbuster games like in some previous months there are still some interesting games here to pick up. My main one to look at is This War of Mine: Final Cut, A game that puts you in the place of civilians trapped in a besieged city. Having to scavenge for food, medicine and supplies all while being cautious of the other scavengers or snipers. This game has a 94% positive rating on Steam and a multitude of awards its definitely something to have a look into.
Another game I am interested in getting is Citizen Sleeper, A game that uses TTRPG systems to provide a roleplaying experience in a lawless space station in this sci-fi game, I’m excited to get my hands on this
Games Leaving Game Pass
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Definitive Edition (Cloud, Console)
- Enter The Gungeon (Cloud, Console, PC)
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Console PC)
- Remnant: From the Ashes (Cloud, Console, PC)
- Steep (Cloud Console)
- The Catch: Carp and Coarse (Cloud, Console, PC)
- The Wild at Heart (Cloud, Console, PC)
If your looking for a in-depth JRPG I cannot recommend Final Fantasy X any more highly. I have lost many, many hours of my life to Blitzball and my biggest regret is that I never quite managed to beat the Al Bhed Psyches without them scoring at least once. This game also was one of the RPGs that I fell so in love with I genuinely bought a PS2 to play it after trying it for a hour (or four) at a friends house, with a story of love, loss and lies it left a lasting impression on me (And a crippling blitzball addiction).
Also leaving is the great Enter the Gungeon, a bullet hell dungeon crawler that has provided many people I know with hours of entertainment.
You can pick up Games Pass here for as little as £1 for your first month (and £7/99 per month after that)*
Links marked with a * are affiliate links and when you buy through them we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. This supports the site and helps us bring you more great content (Thank you for using them!).