Fear and anxiety prevail after the darkest tales from Japanese folklore come to life in this first-person psychological horror game. Set in feudal Japan, Ikai revolves around the priestess of a shrine struggling to defeat the spirits of her past and her present.
Ikai embodies the classic first-person psychological horror genre with a defense-less main character incapable of attacking evil creatures through traditional means. No guns, swords, or howitzers here. Instead, Ikai explores a new sense of horror by making the player face the threats head-on.
Don’t faint, embrace your weaknesses and pray you can survive the mayhem you’ve just unleashed.
- FEAR – Experience the horror in first-person, by the hand of Japanese spirits, monsters and yokais.
- EXPLORATION – Wander around a feudal Shinto shrine and explore to unveil the story behind Naoko, the main character.
- DRAWING – Draw protective seals over the strange sounds and events happening around, perhaps this will keep the villagers and you safe.
- PUZZLES – Pit your wits against the several puzzles that will try to stop you.
- STEALTH & RUN – Be silent, lest you disturb the evil… Or just run, flee from it all, if you can.
“Ikai has been a true passion project for a long time,” says Laura Ripoll, Producer & Designer at Endflame. “Our team has been so deeply invested in this story that we’re thrilled to finally share it with the world. We hope it creeps you out, plays with your emotions, and delights your puzzle-solving minds all at once.”