This latest patch brings a new story for you, the Warrior of Light, while adding an considerable array of new content alongside enhancements to support an approachable solo-play experience.
These changes include adjustments to several low-level main scenario duties as well as the implementation of a new and improved Duty Support System, which provides players with the ability to complete 4-player main scenario dungeons and trials from A Ream Reborn alongside a party of NPCs.
Major changes and revisions to Cape Westwind and various other later duties have been made to further support an accessible, solo-play experience. The Duty Support System will also be expanded in future updates to support Patch 2.x content, as well as Heavensward expansion pack content and beyond.
Patch 6.1 also brings a variety of new in-game content for players to experience during their newfound adventures. Just some of the additions are as follows;
- Main Scenario Quests – Patch 6.1 will mark the start of a fresh chapter for the Warrior of Light, beginning a new storyline following the acclaimed Endwalker conclusion.
- New Role Quest – An additional story will become available after completing all Endwalker role quests.
- Duty Support System for A Realm Reborn – Players can now complete main scenario dungeons and trials from A Realm Reborn with NPC party members.
- New Dungeon – Players will be able to access an additional dungeon in the Patch 6.1 main scenario quest.
- New Trial: The Minstrel’s Ballad: The Endsinger’s Aria – Players can experience a new Extreme Trial, The Minstrel’s Ballad: Endsinger’s Aria.
- Unreal Trial: Ultima’s Bane (Unreal difficulty) – Relive the battle against the mech of myth in this Unreal difficulty battle challenge.
- New Alliance Raid: Myths of the Realm – The first part in a new 24-player alliance raid, Myths of the Realm: Aglaia, will challenge players as they uncover more about the divinities known as the Twelve.
- Brand new PvP Content: Crystalline Conflict – Crystalline Conflict is small-scale PvP available to all players level 30 and above. Patch 6.1 also includes PvP action updates and implements a new PvP rewards system.
- Empyreum Residential Area – Plots in the new Ishgardian residential district, Empyreum are available for purchase.
- The Unending Codex – An assortment of information on characters and terms up through Patch 6.0 will be added to player’s Collections as they progress through the Patch 6.1 main scenario, with new entries being added as the story unfolds.
- New Game+ Update – Players can now revisit previously completed quests, cutscenes and battles from Endwalker and a portion of Patch 6.1 while keeping their current character and levels.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Additional content and updates have been added with the launch of Patch 6.1, including job adjustments, new Hrothgar hairstyles, more glamour plates, the ability to try on items from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Store and more.