The new open world fishing game from the creators of theHunter: Call of the Wild™ arrives later this year on PC and consoles
Expansive Worlds, a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group, and the studio behind the hit immersive hunting game theHunter: Call of the Wild have revealed a vast new open world fishing game that they’re calling Call of the Wild: The Angler.
Cruise the waters and explore a vast environment in search of the perfect fishing spot. Play on your own, or with up to 12 of your friends when it hits PC later this year.
Start out on a journey to become a master angler on your own terms in Call of the Wild: The Angler. Explore a captivatingly beautiful outdoor wilderness, filled with surprises to discover. Go on the hunt for elusive trophy fish, or just unwind and have fun on your own or with friends in co-op. Choose your fishing gear, perfect your know-how, and savour the thrill of hooking that perfect catch.
“With the incredible success of theHunter: Call of the Wild, we’ve mastered the art of creating a world-class experience that captures the authenticity and natural beauty of the outdoors. Call of the Wild: The Angler lets us build even further on our expertise, providing our genre-defying take on fishing and continuing our long-term strategy to be leaders in the outdoor genre. We couldn’t be more excited to bring it to players around the world later this year,”
Some key features:
- Explore an Atmospheric Open World: Discover breath-taking fishing spots across long, sprawling waterways by foot, boat, or off-road vehicle. Make your way through a living world at your own pace, discovering meandering rivers, sky high peaks, secret ponds and springs, and epic hiking trails.
- Feel the Genuine Thrill of Freshwater Fishing: Battle fierce Largemouth Bass, Mountain Whitefish and more in an engaging, accessible fishing experience. Each species has its own unique behaviour, requiring you to carefully counter their movements to reel them in.
- Become a Master Angler: Learn expert techniques and adapt your strategy to land the most challenging catches. Build out your collection of gear and use a wide range of rods, fully customizable with a growing selection of reels, lines, floats, hooks, lures, and bait.
- Play Solo or With Friends: Ride the open waters on your own or share the journey with friends in online drop-in/drop-out co-op multiplayer for up to 12 players. Team up with fellow anglers and go on unforgettable journeys together!
- Enjoy an Evolving Stream of New Content: Call of the Wild: The Angler will continue to deliver memorable new fishing experiences with regular post-launch content updates.